How We Waterproof and Weatherproof our Frames
What is unique about our canvas wrapped art is our ability to completely waterproof our wood frames using a 100% organic solution. Working with a leading company in the wood preservative industry we have developed a proprietary process to weatherproof our wood frames. This process protects the wood against rain, ice, sun, mold, decay and pests. Following are just some of the features of our waterproofing:
- Protects against rain, ice, sun, mold, decay and pest.
- UV resistant
- Resists Mold and FDA compliant
- Reduces splits, warping and twist.
- Environmentally Friendly
- VOC Free
- People, pet and even food safe
- Maintains original look of the wood
- The only fully non-toxic sealant on the market
- Verified by Underwriters Laboratory.
- Independently verified by Chemists
- USDA/FDA/EPA reviewed
- Non-Toxic, Non-Corrosive, Non-Flammable, Non-Leaching
- Trade Secret Claimed Product
How we apply this product: After milling our aged wood product we submerge the wood into a vast containing this organic waterproof compound for 24 hours. This allows the compound to thoroughly penetrate the wood for maximum protection. The wood is then allow to dry for a minimum of an additional 48 hours before being sent to be assembled into a frame. All outdoor frames are made with stainless steel fasteners and the canvas is attached using stainless steel staples.
Note: Some of our competitors use plastic frames, that while waterproof may cause environmental damage as they are made in China using potentially toxic materials. They are also subject to warping in heat and cold weather conditions. They are not eco-friendly and will sit in a landfill for hundreds of years without decomposing.